replace sewer line yourself
- Sewer lines on private property can be as shallow as 18 to 30 inches deep in places where the temperature is very cold. Sewer lines could be a little deeper.
- Turning off your home’s water supply is a crucial step for most plumbing repairs.
- You will need Pick and shovel
Digging a stringer is not the most difficult that can exist, but apart from that 85% homeowners have the right tool at their disposal or they can rent it for a moderate price
An adult in good physical condition could stride 18 to 30 inches deep and 8 feet long by 3 feet wide in about a week.
That without taking into account any emergency that may happen and it takes a little more time to be able to achieve said stringer and repair or replace the drain pipe.
This job could be a bit stressful and tiring especially if it is urgent and you have to do the job in hot weather or in very freezing weather.
Like all exercises, it is important to wear a protective girdle to avoid a hernia.
- Wear a protective girdle
- When digging, try to bend your knee and not your waist
- Try to penetrate the heaviness of the earth with your hamstrings and not with your waist.
- In hot weather try to stay hydrated, since like all exercise you will potentially dehydrate yourself
Plumbing can really get you in a bad situation. It is your responsibility to make sure that you know at least the basics to ensure that you do not lose valuable property and end up costing yourself much more money.
Still have doubts about doing or not doing the work on your own?
don’t worry, the truth is that letting a contractor do the heavy lifting at the end comes out much better and less tiring for homeowners.
Call now for professional help 562)230-8949